Thursday, April 18, 2013

This morning, I checked my email while drinking watery coffee and contemplating my strange dreams from last night. "TimeHop" sent me an email showing that a year ago today I updated this blog. I'd been thinking about starting up on another blog but decided in that moment: why not just continue with this one?

So that is what I am doing. Mostly because, if I don't, my posts on FB are constant and my friends probably get sick of seeing me pop up on their newsfeed. This past year my FB has been dedicated to promoting shows now that I work for SCOPE Productions in Iowa City (http://scope.uiowa.edu/), Julien International Film Festival which took place earlier this spring in Dubuque (http://www.jiffd.com/), my own event Seldom Seen Festival which will happen in Monmouth, IA this summer (http://seldomseenfest.com/), and soon I will be helping out a lot with events for Voices From the Warehouse District coming up this fall in Dubuque (http://www.voicesgallery.org/).  So my FB page has become overwhelmed with my daily postings on the shows/events that I am a part of and I want a place to post about those things in a bit more personal way as well as other things I want to share with the world: music, film, fashion, art, travel, etc...

Although my life is not as romantic/adventurous as it was a year ago, it's still exciting and crazy. Things are happening. I'm just at that stage in my life -- people are moving and graduating and getting cool jobs/internships in far away places and falling in love and getting engaged and married and coming to huge realizations about themselves. It's that time. I look around and I see all of my friends going through these massive transitions and it's so exciting and scary in such a beautiful, human way.

Since, I have nothing else specifically to post about right now, I will leave you with a song. My favorite thing happened the other day -- I like to keep my itunes on shuffle when I am in my room doing work just in case I discover something new (which, surprisingly, happens decently frequently because I own about 2 months worth of music on my itunes at this point). So, I discovered Phantogram -- a friend (actually, in Paris last year) recommended them to me and I downloaded their album and then never actually took the time to listen to them until now. I recommend using them to motivate you if you're feeling lazy today -- the other day their sound prompted me to clean my entire house. Enjoy!

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment