Sunday, May 20, 2012



     ------->  (photo courtesy by my good buddy, evan) 





less than 2 weeks left here -- 1 week and 5 days exactly until i return home to dubuque, a little over 2 weeks until i move back to iowa city. naturally, my emotions are out of control and changing constantly. some moments i almost panic at the thought of leaving -- sitting at a cafe or pub drinking beers with friends, laying in the grass outside of the louvre, walking home along the seine -- those are some of the simple things i will miss the most. But then, i think about this summer and i would rather nothing else than to spend the summer months in iowa city with my friends, visiting my parents in dubuque, and planning seldom seen at my childhood farm. 
i have been a bit sick the past couple days but i've pushed through it and forced myself out of the apartment anyway. i have a feeling thats going to be happening a lot the next couple weeks -- despite how im feeling physically, i want to take advantage of every moment. i want to be outside walking around the city as much as i can, hanging out with my friends whom i will deeply miss, and enjoying my last few dance classes here. it's going to be strange taking these pictures off my walls and packing up my clothes, to move once again. 
last cours pratique on wednesday -- it will be nice to get the final over with but i'm also really nervous. many of us are i think. it's one thing trying to study while you're living abroad in paris, it's another thing trying to study while you only have a couple weeks left in paris.. it's clear that a majority of us have little to no motivation to focus on school work at this point but i think we'll be okay.










No comments:

Post a Comment